cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help removing AnyConnect 4.6 Mobility client from my new M1 Mac

Audiotechnical
Level 1
Level 1

I really need some advice on how I can get myself out of this situation that I've put myself in. My situation is as follows:

I've just received my new Apple M1 Max Mac today, and the first installation I attempted, so I can access my company's network was the AnyConnect Mobility Client. I used the same installation file provided to me in the past by my I.T. guys. However, I've now realised this is where the issue started, as it is the 4.6.03049 version. 

Straight after the install (and I only select the VPN module during installation) I started receiving the Apple pop up windows informing me that several files form this installation "will harm your computer". Yes, I've read up on this and see a rough background on this topic. Apple treating the Cisco package/parts of as potential malware etc.

But here I now am, with consistent pops up appearing on my screen. And the Uninstall app just fails with it's attempt in removing the client.

So essentially I've accidentally installed an out of date package onto my brand new Mac, and wondered if anyone out there could tell me the steps to resolve this issue (or remove the client at least). I can then contact my I.T. department to get an updated install package.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Audiotechnical
Level 1
Level 1

I've actually just successfully uninstalled the package using a terminal command:

sudo /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpn_uninstall.sh

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Audiotechnical
Level 1
Level 1

I've actually just successfully uninstalled the package using a terminal command:

sudo /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpn_uninstall.sh