cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to RDP through Cisco 1841 router to RD Gateway

mserrano
Level 1
Level 1

I have a TS gateway and TS server (2008 R2 for both) sitting behind a Cisco 1841 router. Both have internal IP's. I bought and installed the SSL certificate with the vendors help on the gateway. Internally it works fine: I RDP through the gateway to the TS server.

I am unable to connect from the external WAN client. I'm assuming that it is because the gateway server is not visible on the router's WAN interface (of course). What do I need to do to get the connection to the gateway so that I can get to the TS server? I'm thinking that the router needs further configuration. Also, the test router is vanilla (nothing but basic WAN and LAN config - No firewall, etc., config yet).

Basically, I'll be presenting applications from the TS server behind the router. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Have you configured NAT on the router to allow connections on public ip/port to Internal server ip/port? Check this link for sample config...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e77.shtml

hth

MS

I'll check this out to see if my configuration is off, which I believe it is.