Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to terminate anyconnect VPN to another interface

mftsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

On our firepower we have an Internet facing outside interface which the system default route is pointing to and we are bringing up another Internet facing interface to solely terminate our anyconnect vpn users.
As far as we understand, the ingress traffic from vpn clients to our required internal resources will work fine however the egress traffic will match with default route going to the old outside interface since it's looking at the public IP addresses on the egress traffic.
Is there any way to point back the VPN users traffic to the same interface they originally terminated without changing the system default route from old outside interface?
We need a response on this ASAP as we need to enable this for many users who should work remotely because of the current COVID-19 crisis.
Thanks

2 Replies 2

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I see couple of options, depends which one fits you better:

1. You could run FTD multi-instance, but you need a 4100/9300 hardware

2. If you have another layer 3 device in between FTD and ISP, you could do PBR on that intermediate layer3 device

3. You could configure the default route towards your new ISP (where VPN is terminated) and use PBR to route internal user's traffic to the Internet via the existing primary ISP; you can do this via FlexConfig, not sure if it's supported via SmartCLI

4. You could keep the default route as it is via the primary ISP, and configure PBR to route all traffic from your internal resources towards the VPN protected subnets towards your secondary/new ISP, where VPN is terminated; if you run full-tunnelling for VPN users, and you allow Internet access through the VPN headend, another PBR would be needed to route traffic sourced from VPN client pool to the Internet via the secondary/new ISP (this is not required, only if you want Internet traffic for VPN users to use the same second provider)

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

jdmedeiros
Level 1
Level 1

I did something similar on a router. I used route maps. You may be able to use it as well; keep in mind the order of operations.