cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Internet Access On VPN

RandallC2
Level 1
Level 1

I've setup SAML through Okta for our Cisco Anyconnect VPN and everything seems to be working perfectly fine aside from the fact that I'm getting "No Internet Access" when connected to the new tunnel group that I've created for this task.

I copied the general attributes from the tunnel group that we are currently using without SAML so I was expecting this connection to function the same.

Currently working tunnel attributes-

tunnel-group ANYCONNECT_TUNNEL type remote-access
tunnel-group ANYCONNECT_TUNNEL general-attributes
address-pool PURFOY-Anyconnect
authentication-server-group BBC-NPS
default-group-policy NoAccess
tunnel-group ANYCONNECT_TUNNEL webvpn-attributes
group-alias "BBC VPN East" enable

SAML Tunnel W/o Internet connection Attributes-

tunnel-group vpn-east_okta type remote-access
tunnel-group vpn-east_okta general-attributes
address-pool PURFOY-Anyconnect
authentication-server-group BBC-NPS
tunnel-group vpn-east_okta webvpn-attributes
authentication saml
group-alias vpn-east enable
saml identity-provider http://www.okta.com/'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

This appears to be a DNS issue as I can ping 8.8.8.8 with replies.

I can provide additional details if needed, but I'm pretty stuck here.

3 Replies 3

@RandallC2 I see no split tunnel configuration, so I assume all traffic is tunneled to the ASA and you wish to access the internet from there? Do you have a NAT rule for the AnyConnect IP pool "PURFOY-Anyconnect"? Do you have the command same-security-traffic permit intra-interface enabled to permit the traffic to hairpin?

Thank you for the quick reply @Rob Ingram. Please excuse my lack of networking knowledge but I'm extremely new to this and wondering if there is a way for me to check the configuration on the working tunnel for the specifications that you've asked for?

@RandallC2 connect to the ASA on the CLI and check the configuration, alternatively provide the full configuration here and we can have a look.