cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Optimal Gateway Selection: Unable to Select Gateway After Client Reboot

Huddles18
Level 1
Level 1

So we have 2 ASAs in separate locations. I am testing out OGS on a group at the moment. I created a new client profile and assigned it to the test policy. When I setup OSG, I made it user controllable so that people can have the option to select a gateway if they need to. When I reconnect, the profile downloads, and I am given the option to select between the two gateways, but after a reboot, I am no longer able to. The drop-down in AnyConnect is greyed out with the "Automatic Selection" in the box.

We're running AnyConnect 4.7.04056 on Windows 10 machines.

Here is what we have in our profile:

<EnableAutomaticServerSelection UserControllable="true">true
			<AutoServerSelectionImprovement>20</AutoServerSelectionImprovement>
			<AutoServerSelectionSuspendTime>4</AutoServerSelectionSuspendTime>
		</EnableAutomaticServerSelection>  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the option is set to user controlable the end user would need to go into the GUI Preferences tab and uncheck the option for "Enable automatic VPN server selection"  Then close the GUI and you should be able to select the headend.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Huddles18
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone? This is rattling my brain.

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the option is set to user controlable the end user would need to go into the GUI Preferences tab and uncheck the option for "Enable automatic VPN server selection"  Then close the GUI and you should be able to select the headend.

Ahh, ok. I completely misunderstood the feature then. I was under the impression that it just allowed you to connect to whatever gateway you want regardless. Thank you for the clarification.