cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overlapping Networks with Tunnel GRE/IPsec and NAT

teschweizer
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experience with NATing on a GRE tunnel interface? I need to NAT between two private networks because they are overlapping. I tried to NAT directly on the tunnel interface.

e.g.

Ethernet 0/0

ip nat inside

Tunnel0 (GRE with CryptoMap)

ip nat outside

However I didn't succeed this way. What's the best way to achive my goal?

4 Replies 4

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

NAT such that it translates the inside device to an address from the pool and the outside device to an address from the corresponding pool .

You can check the following link for more details.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/556/3.html

Thanks. I already checked this paper. The problem is that it only talks about IPsec and not about GRE/Ipsec and nating on a Tunnel interface.

However I made some tests in the lab and it worked fine. So I went back to the customer-site and I had to reboot the small 836 to get it working.

What I learnedis : "ip nat outside" on a tunnel interface on a Cisco 836 is no problem. This is good news if you have to add partners companies with GRE/IPsec and they don't have IP ranges you like, so you just NAT them and give them IP addresses of your choice.

Hi,

Could you please send me the working config, if possible? I am in the same situation.

Looking for your prompt response.

Thanks,

Regards,

Mubasher Sultan

Hi , 

have you solved the problem, i have the same issue and the only solution is the GRE/ipsec .

Could you provide me with configs please ?

Thanks,