cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to script VPN OnConnect to map drives on a Mac client?

jeggleston
Level 1
Level 1

We need a script OnConnect for a VPN based on group membership. The script will run when the connection is made and it will map 2 Network (Windows Shares) drives for the GM's MAC Laptop.

I have never built a script for a windows client let alone a mac client.  Can anyone point me to some good documentation?

I have found a few on doing this with windows clients, but not with a mac.  Also, I am not a Mac Admin, and have very limited access to a Mac.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Hi @jeggleston 

Why not get the Mac Admins to write the script for you? not really a network engineers job to do (in my experience).

The script doesn't need to be written in a specific language, but the client must be able to run the script. On MacOS the script must be located /opt/cisco/anyconnect/script

Reference, page 63

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect49/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-9.pdf

Thanks Rob. We are a 3 person shop, with no "Mac Admins". Thank you for the link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: