cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPP Callback over ISDN failure - user not authorised

zetviljoen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,I'm still a rookie with Cisco and in need of help: Have a MS XP PC dialing into 803 over ISDN, successfully connecting if 803 config'd for Callback optional (no callback secure) but failing for callback secure with log message "Callback not authorized for this user Support". and despite reading up on PPP callback configs from the RemoteAccess Selfstudy guide, IOS DialTechnologiesConfig, and various examples I am unable to find what I'm doing wrong in the configs. Attached is file with router SW version, debugs used for logging, the active config, and the log. I have edited router name, usernames, and telnr for security reasons.

Regards

Zet

2 Replies 2

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

try and add the following to your config, and check if that makes a difference:

Instead of:

username Support password 0

configure:

username callback-dialstring password

HTH,

GNT

Hi,

thanks for your advice. I've tried it with the same failure results as before.

Also tried setting up 2 1720s with Image ver 2.3(9)Rel(fc2) according to cisco sample doc "Config PPP Callback over ISDN" (isdn-ppp-callback.pdf) even tried PAP instead of CHAP - same result: authenticates user ok but fails callback. If the client is router server reports "no callback config for user ..." and if client is PC " callback not authorized for this user ..."

Have got the 1720 logs for server & client routers if you require.

Where else would it look to, to identify the client as callback, the global username declaration makes sense, according to Command Guide it looks like "dialer callback-server username" references the interface command "dialer map ip .... We've now tried both, neither working. I am truly at a loss here, any ideas?

Regards

Zet