cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Preconfiguring VPN client for distribution to end users

stevem
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have experience in preconfiguring the group name and password for a vpn client to be given out to multiple end users? I've seen a few links within Cisco.com but nothing that has spelled it out for me in how to do this and be able to then deliver a finished product to the end users for loading.

Thanks for any and all help!!!

3 Replies 3

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

We have done it over the web in a preconfigured executable done by Winzip Executable. However, I have experienced issue doing this with 4.0.X

We have set up security on the folder so only authorized users can even see the folder. It calls for them to log in prior to even seeing the page.

It worked real well with 3.6.1. Now, for the slower connections, we created CDs.

Let me know if this helps.

Dwane

That's what we are thinking about doing it off of a secure web site, but what I haven't been able to do is get the profile set up on the installer so when the end user downloads it they have a preconfigured copy of the client. Right now we are looking at doing it in two phases, first is to download the client and then download the profile. How did you combine the process? We are using 3.66a. Thanks.

we do this now. copy the *.pcf into the same directory as the setup files. It will be in place once the client is installed. This works for 3.x and 4.x.

I do not use the MSI installer but the older method.