cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem connecting with AnyConnect (Could not connect to server. Please verify Internet connectivity and server address)

Impisnoth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When I try to connect with AnyConnect, I receive the notification "Could not connect to server. Please verify Internet connectivity and server address". Internet connnection works fine.

I tried reinstalling the program, deleting the XML profile, restarting the service but the problem still continues.

Thank you.

10 Replies 10

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you able to open the web Interface of your VPN Server address ? Also can you advice what are the hardware/software involved in the setup ? 

Our Mac Users (Mojave 10.14.6) are also suddenly failing to connect today, worked fine yesterday morning.

AnyConnect Clients variates, but between 3.1 to 4.1.04011, they no says: "No components loaded. Quitting application."

Our Network/ASA server admins says nothing has been changed on Server side and windows clients are still working.

Any newer MacOS clients up to and incl. 4.8.02045 has failed for us with the "The VPN client was unable to successfully verify the IP forwarding table modifications. A VPN connection will not be established." error, thus disabling our Mac Users to upgrade to MacOS 10.15 Catalina :/

Please any hints would be appreciated!

Got version 4.4.02034 to work :)

I have the same problem.  Just started this week "no components loaded. quitting application".  Was able to connect on the 24th...I did not try yesterday so I am not sure if the issue started yesterday or today.

I am running Mojave 10.14.6

Hi,

Yes, I am able to open the web interface of the VPN server address. I am using Windows 7 and AnyConnect version 4.4.02039.

Thank you

The message says. You VPN gateway isn't reachable. Start with ensuring that
the DNS name used in anyconnect client is resolving then ensure that ports
are allowed to access the VPN gateway.

If its good, check your VPN device.

Yes, I am able to open the web interface of the VPN server address. I am using MacOs 11.5.2 (20G95) and AnyConnect version 4.7.04056.

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The error message you say may be misleading, as many issues could be hidden. If it worked before the upgrade and you don't want to chase bugs:

- try upgrading to a newer and stable version

- run DART on those systems and look in the logs, it should give more insight on the actual problem.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Russell Racey
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco AnyConnect doesn't connect to Anything.  How Cisco could unleash that piece of malware upon their customers is mystifying.  No wonder RV34x routers have been returned. 

Hi, I have the same problem, from yesterday When I try to connect my business pc with my Wi-Fi at home to the VPN, it results ‘’ could not connect to server. Please verify internet connettivity and server address’’. But If I connect VPN from hotspot of my iPhone or in Office with the Wi-Fi of my Office, it goes. But the weird thing is that I work from my home one week ago and I hadn’t this problem, but from yesterday there is it. how can I solve it? thanks