cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem upgrading firmware in ASA EasyVPN remote

janf
Level 1
Level 1

I have a bunch of ASA5505's setup as EasyVPN remote clients connecting to an ASA5520 that I want to upgrade the firmware in and cannot figure out how to. I can telnet and run the ASDM to them but cannot unpgrade firmware via TFTP or browsing to local files from the ASDM. Anyone done this?

Thanks!

JF

2 Replies 2

hdashnau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This link provides both ASDM and CLI intructions for upgrading the image on an ASA:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008067e9f9.shtml

If you are getting an error during the process, post the screenshot.

-heather

Yeah I checked that link. And I've upgraded my headend 5520's many times via TFTP and local browsing of files. Problem is I am connecting to the EasyVPN remote via the inside interface (from the server side) and if I telnet to that device I cannot ping back to the host connecting from. I suspect this is the problem and don't know the resolution. If I am connected directly to the EasyVPN remote I can perform the upgrade. Of course this is impossible with the deployed devices. I need help from someone who has worked with this type of configuration. Heather, have you?