Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem using Cisco Anyconnect Security Mobility Client

lethang.inpg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using Cisco Anyconnect Security Mobility Client lastest version (3.1.05152) in my laptop with OS Windows 7 64-bits Home Prenium . I got a problem that the connection to the VPN of campus is unstable, it has to reconnect every 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, I connect to VPN using my Iphone with Cisco Anyconnect app, everything is fine.

I appreciate it if you could find out the problems and give me some advices in order to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance,

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It could be any number of things. Generally speaking the ASA log should show a reason why your session is being terminated.

Do you have access to review the log messages? Can you provide the ASA configuration?

Unfortunately, I'm ony a user so I don't have neither access to log messages nor ASA configuration.

Does Cisco Anyconnect Security Mobility Client require any specific features of OS to support its implementation?

It doesn't really require any special client side features. If you're able to install and connect successfully, you have pretty much validated that you're compatible. The version you are running is the current release as of this time.

It could be the connection profile for PC-based users is set to time out after 15 minutes. Have you asked anyone else or the IT department that provides the service if this problem is unique to you?

You can sometimes get useful information from the client software by clicking the little gear icon and then choosing Message History in the resulting window.

Mine does this from my one ISP but not on any other ISP.  Try opening a command prompt once connected and do a continuous ping to a device on the campus that you should be able to reach.  Let us know if you can stay connected longer.  When i do a continuous ping from this ISP i never get disconnected but if i dont do it i get booted regularly...odd..