We are using AnyConnect in conjunction with an ASA 5516 for the remote VPN users. When trying to update the client software via the corresponding webdeploy-package, the problem occurs that it does not work for some users. When the error occurs, the startup window remains after entering the password and user ID - but unfortunately the spinning circle remains permanently and the client can only be finished with the task-manager. No error message occurs.
What could be the problem?
Here is some more information about our configuration and performed tests:
- We are trying to update from anyconnect-win-4.10.0471-webdeploy-k9.pkg to anyconnect-win-4.10.05111-webdeploy-k9.pkg
- Windows10 21H2 (Build 19044.1706) is active on the computers.
- None of the users have no admin privileges
- Since we use anyconnect with the MFA authentication, I can see in the admin panel of DUO that the user has logged in correctly.
- When installing with user rights, it does not ask for higher rights - neither on the machines where it worked, nor on the ones where it did not work.
- As a test, the AnyConnect client was started with admin rights on one of the failing computers - then the update worked after logging in with the users credentials
Any ideas to find the source of the problems and the solution is very welcome