cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problems with NM-4B-S/T

mljevakovic
Level 3
Level 3

I've just put NM-4B-S/T in 2811 route and started router but router cannot see this modul. All LEDs on NM-4B-S/T are green and router can see the other interfaces. Could you give me some advice?

21 Replies 21

first of all I cannot download IOS from Cisco, and second I tried with this IOS c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-3a and it was the same

Hello,

just one question: when you initially inserted the module, did you power the router down ? The 2811 does not support online insertion and removal, and I wonder if the slot might be damaged. Or does the 8 port card you tried out work well in the same slot ?

Regards,

GP

1. yes, I did.

2. NM-4B-S/T doesn't work in the slot

3. NM-8B-S/T work in the slot also NM-16A

Hi,

after replacing an old NM-4B-S/T with new one we still have the same problem, i.e. the router Cisco 2811 (revision 53.51) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memory cannot recognize this Network Module. Again we tried this NM in Cisco 2611XM and it works.

IOS Ver. is c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.123-11.T5.bin on the 2811. As I earlier said we tested NM slot on the router with other NM (NM-8B-S/T and NM-16A) and they worked.

This is very stressed for us and our customer (this is the third NM-4B-S/T which we got from our distributor) so PLEASE do you have any information about this kind of problem.

I’ll give you an information about this card from the box:

REV: -D0

NM-4B-ST=

Special: 800-01237-03

Serial#: 30755020

Hi,

after replacing an old NM-4B-S/T with new one we still have the same problem, i.e. the router Cisco 2811 (revision 53.51) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memory cannot recognize this Network Module. Again we tried this NM in Cisco 2611XM and it works.

IOS Ver. is c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.123-11.T5.bin on the 2811. As I earlier said we tested NM slot on the router with other NM (NM-8B-S/T and NM-16A) and they worked.

This is very stressed for us and our customer (this is the third NM-4B-S/T which we got from our distributor) so PLEASE do you have any information about this kind of problem.

I’ll give you an information about this card from the box:

REV: -D0

NM-4B-ST=

Special: 800-01237-03

Serial#: 30755020

Hello,

do you have an external email address and if so can you post it here ?

Regards,

Nethelper

Hello,

You could try issuing the command

show diag

This command retrieves the hardware diagnostic information about installed modules. You should at least see the module listed, even if not recognized, in that listing. If you see it then it is probably just a IOS version issue. If you do not see it then there might be some kind of harware problem between the module and your router.

This is surely a very interesting problem... maybe it would be worth raising a report to the TAC if you have such possibility.

With best regards,

Peter