Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Site-to-Site VPN from ASA 5505 to Amazon VPC VPN

tpinkerton1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am trying to establish a VPN connection from our on-premises rack to our Amazon VPC. The router/firewall that we have is a Cisco ASA 5505 running software version 9.1(7)23. According to Amazon's documentation, the 5505 is tested to work successfully for VPN connections and any software version above 8.2 is supported. But I am having some difficulties.

I have configured the ASA based on the sample configuration downloaded from the AWS site. And both AWS and the ASA report that the tunnel exists and is up and running. Yet I can't seem to get any traffic to actually flow through the tunnel. And looking at the routing table on the ASA, I'm not sure how it is supposed to know to route traffic for our VPC subnet over the VPN. I've been trying to research and look at documentation, but so far have not come up with a solution.

I am attaching the relevant lines from our ASA configuration (with IP addresses obscured). I can post our full configuration if anyone thinks it would be useful, but it is massive and unwieldy. Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks much.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: