cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"The VPN service is not available. Exiting." error when running AnyConnect client on Windows 7 Pro 32bit

ka.ha.777
Level 1
Level 1

Installed Cisco AnyConnect VPN on a Windows 7 Professional / Service Pack 1 / 32bit.
 However, as soon as I start the Windows 7, I receive the error:

**** error ****
"Cisco AnyConnect"
"The VPN service is not available. Exiting."

[1] And I did the following steps, But It was not restored.
…………………………………………
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10973306/vpn-agent-service-not-responding

1) Un-install Cisco AnyConnect VPN
2) Unistall any registry cleaner softwares like CCleaner, Lenovo Rapid Boot etc.
3) Make sure the Cisco AnyConnect adapter has disapperared from Device Manager > Network Adapters
4) Delete the folder C:\Program Data\Cisco\Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client
5) Restart PC
6) Install Anyconnect Software
7) Restart PC
8) It should work as normal now
…………………………………………

[2] And also I did the following steps, But It was not restored.
…………………………………………
1) Run "services.msc"
2) Select "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Agent"
3) Start the service
4) Restart PC
→ Error "Cisco AnyConnect" "The VPN service is not available. Exiting."

No matter how many times I restart the application, or uninstall and reinstall, I still receive this error.
 I really need help to solve this problem! Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S.
Lenovo Thinkpad E530c (This is No "Lenovo Rapid Boot")
 About "Lenovo Rapid Boot" see ↓ this.
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10973306/vpn-agent-service-not-responding

6 Replies 6

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Could you check whether the Anyconnect services are running on the Windows ?

Run msconfig.exe from Windows Run and check if you see Anyconnect running under Services ?

Also run services.exe and check if Anyconnect services are started ? if not then try a manual start.

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

Hi,
Thank you for fast answer.

>Run msconfig.exe from Windows Run and check if you see Anyconnect running under Services ?
→Run msconfig,and check "startup".
  And I find "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" is exist, and already "Checked".

>Also run services.exe and check if Anyconnect services are started ? if not then try a manual start.
→ (1) Run "services.msc" → Anyconnect services are not started, I found.
→ (2) Select "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Agent" and then try to change "Automatic" to "Manual".
→ (3) Error "Cisco AnyConnect" "The VPN service is not available. Exiting."

Do you know other way?

Currently experiencing this issue on a number of clients, all Window OS 64BIT (7&10). Plenty of people having this issue via a Google search but no clear resolution from Cisco provided; very little help at all. Using the latest release of the client.

Would appreciate if anyone has found a resolution that they post it.

I observed this problem in my Windows 7.

Found a virtual Network card for the VPN in disabled mode.

Enabled the same, Status came as network disconnected.

Went to services.msc -> Stopped and Started the Cisco Any Connect Services.

Tried Opening the VPN App again , yey! it started working.

@ka.ha.777 wrote:

Hi,
Thank you for fast answer.

>Run msconfig.exe from Windows Run and check if you see Anyconnect running under Services ?
→Run msconfig,and check "startup".
  And I find "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" is exist, and already "Checked".

>Also run services.exe and check if Anyconnect services are started ? if not then try a manual start.
→ (1) Run "services.msc" → Anyconnect services are not started, I found.
→ (2) Select "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Agent" and then try to change "Automatic" to "Manual".
→ (3) Error "Cisco AnyConnect" "The VPN service is not available. Exiting."

Do you know other way?

:) :)

Sorry , i know itsn't that fast for you.

thought of posting this for others too, who landed up like me here in search of a solution.