cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Updates are needed on your device before you can join the network"

simhuang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I run into this issue when using AnyConnect on Windows 10. 

I used anyconnect-win-4.10.00093. I lately re-install my Windows and AnyConnect. It used to work fine but this time when I try to connect, it says I need to update some "any AM" thing. 

1.png

And when I click "Start", some check seems to fail. Retry doesn't work either. Then I click "cancel" and this comes up.

41748252-8bdd-446e-8acc-375dd08114e0.png

Do you have any idea what's going on and what should I do about it? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @simhuang AnyConnect is doing a posture compliancy check, you need to have an Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware software installed on the computer. Once you have that software installed the posture check will detect this and hopefully permit you access. Check with your IT Team.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @simhuang AnyConnect is doing a posture compliancy check, you need to have an Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware software installed on the computer. Once you have that software installed the posture check will detect this and hopefully permit you access. Check with your IT Team.

I don't believe you can remediate through that window, you would need to manual install an antimalware on your endpoint. Typically you would be redirected to a portal where the corporate antimalware installer would be available, but this doesn't seem to be case here.

simhuang
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot! I use Huorong in the new system and apparently AnyConnect didn't detect it. I now install another anti-virus software and it works.