Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP to Terminal server failure

pmccullough
Level 1
Level 1

Strange thing

I am running ASA 5505 release 8.2(4) using a clientless SSL vpn to connect  my assessors to the server via RDP to a Terminal server.  Everything was working fine until last week when we had a Internet outage. During the outage some of the assessors claimed to have accepted a Cisco add-on to get into the site.  once the internet came backup they could not connect to the terminal servers - what would happen is they would click on the link - say OK to connect the clipboard and the screen would pause for a few seconds then right back to the select options page.

they can get to other servers (non-terminal servers) but not to the ones they need.   I can recreate the issue by waiting a REALLY long time before replying to a prompt to install an cisco add-on.  I have users that can connect and others than can not.  Also this only seems to affect Internet Explorer 8 and 9  does not affect Firefox

any suggestions or if you need more info

Thanks

Paul

1 Reply 1

Mohammad Alhyari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mate ,

are you using RDP plugin  ? and what version ? is there a specific bookmark that is configured for that server ?

is it possible to apply captures on the interface where the servers are connected and see what the ASA is exchanging with that server ?

cheers.

Mohammad.