Views
Helpful
Replies

Recover CSC SSM using TFTP

jawad1979
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm facing a problem upgrading CSC CCM module using recovery/re-imaging.

I tried different kind of tftp servers, all of them shows large file error msgs.

If anyone succeeded in this, can you please post the tftp server software name/brand?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Log in to the ASA, Enter enable mode: asa# enable, Configure the recovery settings for ASA-SSM:, asa (enable)# hw-module module 1 recover configure, Note If you make an error in the recovery configuration, use thehw-module module 1 recover stop command to stop the system reimaging and then you can correct the configuration, Specify the TFTP URL for the system image:

Image URL [tftp://0.0.0.0/]:Example: Image URL [tftp://0.0.0.0/]: tftp://10.89.146.1/cscImage.img, Specify the command and control interface of ASA-SSM:, Port IP Address [0.0.0.0]:, Port IP Address [0.0.0.0]: 10.89.149.231, Leave the VLAN ID at 0.

VLAN ID [0]:, Specify the default gateway of the ASA-SSM:, Gateway IP Address [0.0.0.0]:, Example: Gateway IP Address [0.0.0.0]: 10.89.149.254, Execute the recovery:, asa# hw-module module 1 recover boot, Periodically check the recovery until it is complete by executing the command asa# show module 1

mherald
Level 1
Level 1

I use the TFTP server from Solar Winds. It is a free tool. The only thing that you have to be aware of, should you choose to use this, by default you can not store files on the TFTP server. You have to go into options/security settings and allow clients to write files.

Mike