Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Access VPN at an ISP

uaskan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have got an ISP customer who wants to give remote access VPN service to their customers. They have enterprise leased lines for the Internet service. They want to communicate cust A's home user to his company over their RAS and routers ( maybe vpn concentrators ). I made a lot of VPN concntrator projects with concentrator 3000 series. Think that project as if it is remote access vpn at concentrator 3000 at an enterprise central office. Their customers2 users will go to their offices from home with DES or 3DES and look their mails etc.

Shall I use VPN5000 ? I think 5002 is a good solution but very expensive and I can't do CVC with 5001. Can you advice me for that solution ?

Best Regards

umit

4 Replies 4

uaskan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have got an ISP customer who wants to give remote access VPN service to their customers. They have enterprise leased lines for the Internet service. They want to communicate cust A's home user to his company over their RAS and routers ( maybe vpn concentrators ). I made a lot of VPN concentrator projects with concentrator 3000 series. Think that project as if it is remote access vpn at concentrator 3000 at an enterprise central office. Their customers' users will go to their offices from home with DES or 3DES and look their mails etc.

Shall I use VPN5000 ? I think 5002 is a good solution but very expensive and I can't do CVC with 5001. Can you advice me for that solution ?

Best Regards

umit

ISP wants to give vpn services to the customer,This the situation.I always have the feeling Vpn3000 or 5000 are more enterprise product than iSP.

ISP can have better solution ,Like MPLS based vpn(rfc2547bis) or network based vpns(rfc2764).

But MPLS based vpn become a induastry standard .Cisco,juniper's are giving the VPN solutions based on 2547.(For ISP customers)..And Nortel's solution is based on 2764,and they planned to include mpls feature soon..I really did n't know your postion ,this is just few commands about vpn solutions for isp market..

rawni
Level 1
Level 1

Can you advice me on where to lease lines to support an ISP?

Yekety@aol.com

KurdCell

I didn't understand what you mean. The ISP gives inter service for their enterprise customers like companies. Customers have connections to the ISP's router for going o internet.