Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote access VPN QoS

Georgi Kostov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there any kind of QoS fo remote access ipsec vpn. I am looking to police the traffic and also priority queueing. We have more than 10 teleworkers how download video records. I would like to apply rate limits of individual user's traffic to some maximum rate. Is this possible because i searched the web and didnt find something. If yes how to do that

Best regards.

3 Replies 3

Martin Hruby
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Georgi

On what kind of device do you terminate the remote access VPNs? On a Cisco IOS router, ASA, or something else? Can you please describe your environment in more detail?

Best regards,
Martin

Hello Martin,

The device is ASA 5505 8.2. We have telecommuters that works with a program. This program download video records from local NAS and operate with an SQL server. I would like to limit the traffic between vpn client and NAS and prioritize traffic to the SQL server because there are errors "TCP session time out" and the program need re-logging. 

Georgi Kostov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I made a test with an old Citrix VPN concentrator and i manage to double the speed that the ASA IPsec remote access vpn produce. Very strange. Can somebody look at my asa configuration what could be wrong or what i could do to increase the bandwidth. Thanks

Regards