Views
Helpful
Replies

Repercussions of enabling NEM for Easy-VPN

chris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am going to try and set up a VPN using Easy-VPN between a Cisco 837 router and ASA 5520. Both devices are live and any downtime would need to take place out of hours. The router would need to be the server. I see that I will need to enable NEM on the firewall in order for this to work. What would be the repercussions of enabling this i.e. could it be service affecting? As I said, I will need to do it out of hours if it will be.

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What do you mean about service affect? If you mean service downtime for generic VPN clients generally "

nem enable" command under group-policy  will no do it.

---

HTH. Please rate this post if it was helpful. If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Correct Answer."

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Eugene Khabarov
Level 7
Level 7

ASA5520 can't act as easy vpn hardware client.

Maybe you want 837 to be clinet and asa to be server?

---

HTH. Please rate this post if it was helpful. If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Correct Answer."

Okay, thanks! So if I were to set the ASA up as the server, and to enable NEM. Would that be service affecting at all?

What do you mean about service affect? If you mean service downtime for generic VPN clients generally "

nem enable" command under group-policy  will no do it.

---

Thanks for your help!