Views
Helpful
Replies

Requirements for ASA-to-ASA Dynamic-to-Static IKEv1/IPsec

Jesserony
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody,

I have a need to create a tunnel from an office with a dynamic IP to our main data center with static IPs. Looking at the directions below, it says "The information in this document is based on Cisco ASA (5510 and 5520) Firewall Software Release 9.x and later."

I am looking to do this preferably using two ASA 5505s. Is it possible with 5505s? I already have experience creating static IPsec tunnels between 5505s, just not with one end having a dynamic IP.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/119007-config-asa9x-ike-ipsec-00.html

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jesse

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Jesserony yes it should work on ASA 5505.

Needless to say those devices are EOL and ideally you'd replace with newer devices that support the latest strongest ipsec algorithms.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

@Jesserony yes it should work on ASA 5505.

Needless to say those devices are EOL and ideally you'd replace with newer devices that support the latest strongest ipsec algorithms.

Thank you Rob! Yes, ideally we will be using newer models, just wanted to ensure that the 5505 is an option.  Thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: