cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 local VPN client access.

julianp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I was wondering whether RV320 allows local (LAN) VPN access. Or is it only via WAN? 

Thanks in advance, Julian. 

2 Replies 2

Hi Julian, the RV320 Dual WAN VPN Router allows you to set up a client-to-gateway VPN, which means you can remotely connect different branches of your company located at different geographical areas to transmit and receive data more securely. You can choose the appropriate interface through which the client establishes an Easy VPN to the gateway from the Interface drop-down list during the configuration process. This generally implies remote access via WAN, but you can configure VPN settings based on your specific network requirements.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.

Hi. I am trying to avoid inserting this router between my current RV134 (VDSL) router and my LAN, cause I want to avoid double NATting etc. I have lots of forwarded ports and an IPIP tunnel, plus a DMZ on the RV134. What I would like to do is place the RV320 on the LAN via one of its LAN ports, enable VPN IPsec and acces the VPN (from external - on the Internet - clients) via the LAN ports with VPN pass through on the RV134 enabled. Is that possible? I don't see an option for LAN ports on in the VPN setup on RV320, only WAN1, 2 and USB.

Regards.

Julian