cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320: Terminal Services ActiveX Requires Internet Explorer

simonrodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

After configuring SSL VPN on an RV320, I am able to reach the resource (a Win 2003 server) remotely, only when I use a computer with Windows XP and IE. From either Windows 7 or 10, I get the error message "Terminal Services ActiveX Requires Internet Explorer."

I would like remote users to be able to reach the resource with the newer Windows OSs and with a variety of browsers. Thanks for your help!

2 Replies 2

simonrodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

I spent sometime trying to solve the issue with a Cisco support analyst. It turns out that this is a known issue for these routers and the only solution is a firmware upgrade. According to the analyst, this upgrade was not going to be available anytime soon... I got the impression that he meant "never." My guess is that since this is a small business product without the juicy price-tag of high-end devices, Cisco does not care enough to solve the issue.

By the way, these routes have a one-year warranty, so Cisco support will try to help you if you call... my talk with them was about six months ago, maybe there has been progress since then.

alfredgarcia506
Level 1
Level 1

Was the following issue resolved because im having the issue as well.  Please help