Helpful
Replies

Silent Disconnect

3069313994home
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

VPN Client v 5.0.07.0290

from the vpnclient CLI, is there a way to prevent the disconnect message box from appearing when disconnecting from a VPN connection?

Thanks!

Warren M

2 Replies 2

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Warren,

I tried this with 5.0.07.0410 on Win7 and don't see any disconnect message box, not sure what causes this difference in behavior (I doubt that this changed between .0290 and .0410).

I tried

vpnclient connect user pwd

and

vpnclient connect user

(which will pop up a username/password prompt).

In both cases when I disconnect (using "vpnclient disconnect") I do not get any dialog box, just the message "Your VPN connection has been terminated" on the CLI.

Having said that, you may want to try adding the "notrayicon" option to the connect command (not the disconnect command!).

e.g.

vpnclient connect foo user jdoe pass h3ll0 notrayicon

hth

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

It seems when I run this on a Win XP box with the 4.6.00.0045 version of the client the msg displays after disconnecting. Maybe just updating the client version will address this.  I'll try the notrayicon option and see what happens, and also maybe update the client version.

Thanks!

Warren M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: