Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site and Remote Access VPN together on ASA 5505

rubendehaas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've tried to set up a new Site to Site VPN on a ASA5505 where there was already a Remote Access VPN on it.

After adding the new configuration lines I got the follwoing message when I debug:

Nov 04 07:06:06 [IKEv1]: Group = <OUTSIDE IP ADDRESS OF OTHER SIDE TUNNEL>, IP = <OUTSIDE IP ADDRESS OF OTHER SIDE TUNNEL>, QM FSM error (P2 struct &0xd91a4d10, mess id 0xeac05ec0)!

Nov 04 07:04:36 [IKEv1]: Group = <OUTSIDE IP ADDRESS OF OTHER SIDE TUNNEL>, IP = <OUTSIDE IP ADDRESS OF OTHER SIDE TUNNEL>, Removing peer from correlator table failed, no match!

Does anybody know what is wrong? And what to change in the config?

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

System Engineer at Conscia Nederland: www.conscia.com/nl/
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If the ASA had a Remote Access VPN and you're adding a new Site-to-Site you need to make sure that the priority for the crypto map is lower for the new added Site-to-Site.This is because otherwise the traffic will always try to match the remote-access tunnel.You can verify this with the command ''sh run cry map''

Federico.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi,

If the ASA had a Remote Access VPN and you're adding a new Site-to-Site you need to make sure that the priority for the crypto map is lower for the new added Site-to-Site.This is because otherwise the traffic will always try to match the remote-access tunnel.You can verify this with the command ''sh run cry map''

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: