cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site Ipsec VPN Tunnel Up, Some communication not happening

systemsadminas
Level 1
Level 1

So we have two sites (Site A and Site B), which each have their own cable modem, and each is using a Cisco RV series router as each LAN's main gateway.  Cable modems are not in transparent mode, however, due to having multiple public IPs, etc.  Public IPs are static, and each LAN has its  own Windows DC acting as a DHCP/WINS/etc server.

Site A: Cisco RV325 | public IP: x.x.x.1 | LAN: 192.168.0.0/24

Site B: Cisco RV180 | public IP: 10.x.x.x.2 | LAN: 192.168.2.0/24

I have a gateway-to-gateway IPSEC VPN tunnel between these two networks, and the tunnel itself appears to connect and work fine regardless of settings.  The two DCs in either LAN are successfully syncing AD data, WINS servers are successfully syncing, etc across the tunnel.  The issue seems to be that I can't ping or RDC across the tunnel between any clients.  Taking down firewalls on PCs seems to have no effect, so I'm thinking it has to do with either access permission and/or static routes I need on one or both gateways.

Any suggestions on what settings to check?  Both the RV325 and RV180 are using current firmware as of this writing.

1 Reply 1

Luke Oxley
Level 1
Level 1
systemsadminas,

Thanks for your post. I have had a read and understand the issue you're having. This will not be a routing issue, as there are clearly routing in place for the DCs to replicate successfully. While it would be a strange configuration, this is sounding access control list based from what you describe.
Is there any chance of you posting a sanitised configuration from each router so I can get a better look?

Kind regards,
Luke