Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSLVPN Mobility Client and ASA Portal

Customer has an ASA5520 with Premium licensing so that they have th eportal capability to control what people see or have access to when they VPN into the network.

They are thinking that the portal goes away when they move their people to a SSLVPN Security Mobility Client.

I am thinking that this is not the case in that they are still validating tot he same device, it is just the client is changing a little.

Am I incorrect in my thinking?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Perhaps there is an issue with terminology that needs to be clarified. When you talk about portal I see that term mostly in the context of SSL clientless VPN where the user browser connects to the ASA acting as a portal for the user and controlling what the user can see. Is that the way that you are using the term, or do you have something else in mind?

If you are talking about portal in the sense of its use for clientless VPN then when the user changes to using the AnyConnect Security Mobility Client the portal does go away. There are ways that the ASA can control what the user can do through AnyConnect but it is not through the portal.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick