Views
Helpful
Replies

Suspend button for AnyConnect

ignamv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My company is unwilling to set up split routing, for security reasons. Therefore, they ask us to disconnect from the VPN for bandwidth-intensive activities like VoIP and file downloads. This is cumbersome, as reconnecting requires us to input our passwords and MFA code. Ideally, AnyConnect should have a button to temporarily suspend the VPN, and another button to resume.

Best regards,

Ignacio

2 Replies 2

RahulSahadevan
Level 1
Level 1

In the competing product, "Pulse Secure", there is a menu item called "Suspend/Resume", that allows users to suspend/resume VPN sessions, which I have found to be very useful ( With that, when temporarily getting in/out of VPN, for reasons including that mentioned by the submitter, I don't have to search for my phone, unlock the phone first, then start the 2FA app, then draw some patterns to unlock the 2FA app within the phone, see the OTP, spend a few seconds memorizing  the OTP and finally get back to my laptop and enter both my password and memorized OTP, hoping that I didn't make a mistake in the OTP )

Please add similar suspend/resume functionality to Cisco AnyConnect, to make my life simpler.

I badly need the "Suspend" functionality