cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The Anyconnect secure mobility client Application Issues

mateen.padela
Level 1
Level 1

The Anyconnect secure mobility client is behaving oddly. Sometimes it keeps pop-ing in the lower right of my window with the message -Web Authentication Required/You may need to use a browser to gain access" and sometimes when i am trying to open it- it keeps giving me this error, screen shot attached and also get some other type of error, for which too the screenshot attached.

-I have re installed the app many times

-restarted the system too

Any ideas how to tackle this ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

seems the Telecom that you are connected has restricted the VPN Traffics, are you using VPN Connection to skip from Filtered Internet ?

----

have you tried to giving a reboot to your internet gateway modem (ADSL Modem ) at the moment you receive this error ? give e reboot to your ADSL ot Internet modem device. it works.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hi,

Whats your Internet connectivity ?

Which country from you are attempting to get online ? is it IRAN ?

Nope. Its from Bahrain.

seems the Telecom that you are connected has restricted the VPN Traffics, are you using VPN Connection to skip from Filtered Internet ?

----

have you tried to giving a reboot to your internet gateway modem (ADSL Modem ) at the moment you receive this error ? give e reboot to your ADSL ot Internet modem device. it works.

No, i am using it to access office VPN and the devices in it. Plus it was working absolutely fine till 2 days back since 2 months. since last 2-3 days this problem has begun.

I would look at what ports and/or protocols you are attempting to use when cross the Internet to the remote destination.  Are you IPSec, SSL, or a combination?

Next I would run a port scan on the remote VPN endpoint to determine if those ports are open.  Your ISP may very well be blocking this type of traffic, may be on purpose or as a result of an upgrade/update on their equipment.

This concept seemed to have helped regarding the issue- 

Captive Portal Hotspot Detection

•The service provider in your current location is restricting access to the Internet. The AnyConnect protection settings must be lowered for you to log on with the service provider. Your current enterprise security policy does not allow this. If AnyConnect detects the presence of a captive portal and the AnyConnect configuration differs from that described above, the AnyConnect GUI displays the following message once per connection and once per reconnect: The service provider in your current location is restricting access to the Internet. You need to log on with the service provider before you can establish a VPN session. You can try this by visiting any website with your browser. Captive portal detection is enabled by default, and is non-configurable. AnyConnect does not modify any browser configuration settings during Captive Portal detection.

Not solved for me.  

I have multiple laptops on the same network. 

The one I am on now works fine. Win 7.  

Another laptop is now on Win 10.  Suffers this problem.  

Both are using the same Modem / Router. 

Both IPV4 settings are the same.  

This Cisco version was upgraded only a month ago but on the other laptop worked fine under Win 10 for a few days.  

Then toggled between Wifi and wired.  

Works with neither. Client version. 4.6.02074

Running IPV4

Would log stats help?

Disabling captive portal detection seems to have resolved this issue for me.

Settings->Preferences->Disable Captive Portal Detection should be checked.

Thank you very much, I work well from removing "Disables Captive Portal Detection"

I was able to sort this by changing preferences of Cisco AnyConnect.

Advanced settings>Preferences>Disable Captive Portal detection.

this should have been considered as accepted answer. Worked for me.