cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The VPN connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution

rflowers2126
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who is trying to connect to their SSL VPN via AnyConnect client. They have a Cisco ASA 5515x running ASA 8.6(1)2, using AnyConnect for windows 3.1.03103. They are on a  laptop that is running Windows 7.

When the attempt to connect they get the following error message:

The VPN connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution

They never get to a login prompt. They have attempted to connect using the IP address of the Cisco ASA, as well as the Domain name pointing to the ASA.

They have other devices coming from the same location running win7 that have no problems connecting. I believe this is a client side, or client PC issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

17 Replies 17

Don't be panic. It happened to some of the AnyConnect users when they do not successfully create a connection with the client. Once I face this issue on my computer, and I resolve it using this guide.

Same thing happened with me. last time, but now the issue resolved

If I encounter this issue again I will try this method

pls check my website https://safetricks.org/make-single-name-on-facebook-account-profile-id/

Thank You

alinah929
Level 1
Level 1

If you faced the error, “The VPN Connection Failed Due to Unsuccessful Domain Name Resolution,” while trying to connect with a VPN server You need to Change Your DNS Settings Back to Default and Use the best VPN for Better Connectivity.

If you need help changing DNS settings, you can get a solution for it.