cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tricky question

nvanmeter19
Level 1
Level 1

5 XP workstations and 4 W7 workstations, all connect to the clients Siemens Soarain Financial's app through a Linux unit that host a Cisco anyconnect VPN. We switch over from VPN client 5.0.07.0410 everything worked. All PC's can connect to the Soarain login screen. XP using IE8 the W7 using IE9. they only support IE i tried others, they don't work.

Problem: 3 of the W7 workstations can NOT connect to the site after the login screen (https). Its just a blank white screen (http). if i put the s in, it will load. they are all set up the same. all the PC go to the unsecured site after login. i have check all of the setting in Internet options and compared them to the working W7unite they are the same. all the W7 unites are mirrors of each other pretty much. the only new program is the anyconnect VPN when we switch over to anyconnect.

Question: what would stop 3 of the 4 W7 from loading the unsecured site when the other one loads fine. it made me think of corrupted files some where. i wiped the HardDrive on one and did a complete reinstall but nothing change.

i not sure if anyone else would have a set up like this, it is kind of a frankinstien office. small buiness adding PC's when need most of the time they are never the same make or model, but stuff works. If it ant brooke don't fix it kind of place. I'm not in the postion to change the setup. only been here for three mounths. kind of one those jump into the deep end to learn how to swim jobs.

3 Replies 3

nvanmeter19
Level 1
Level 1

I have done a clean boot, ran IE9 w/o add on's, uninstalled/reinstalled IE9, safe mode w/ net working, compatibility mode, updated, altered the host file, restored, and nothing helped. I'm lost. any ideas would be welcomed

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you could build a proper VPN using Cisco routers, things would work good and realiably.

Did u Turn Off Firewall in Windows 7 that might help u...

Jawad