Views
Helpful
Replies

tunnel interface no ping

pcfreak49
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem I want to create tunnel interfaces for multi vpn

but when I go to the ip address of tunnel interfaces you ping 0 / 5 How can you fix this?

22 Replies 22

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

*scratching my head*

You could try by posting your configs.  "P

NOTE:  I have no idea how many times you've posted but please be considerate.  If you want our help, help us help you by giving us ALL RELEVANT information.

ok this is the current running-config

because I want to learn as much as possible of Cisco appratuur why I post so cattleok this is the current running-config

If you have no more questions may I request if you can mark this thread as "Answered"?

is that an audience gives you the tunnel interface?

is that an audience gives you the tunnel interface?

Dude, I do NOT understand what you mean by this. 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did my post to link help you solve your issue?

no ip address interface of the tunnel that the public IP address of the ISP or is it a private ip address?

I sometimes can show that you can configure percies?

Put a private IP address on your tunnel interface.  A /30 IP address.

okay I did what ip address should be in tunnel data source?

okay I did what ip address should be in tunnel data source?

Did you read the link I've posted?  It will give you explicit instructions how to configure GRE over IPSec (which is what you want to do in the first place).

can you configure any Cisco routers or only those where the link that you have given?

I have this configured

R1

interface Tunnel0

ip address 11.11.11.1 255.255.255.0

tunnel source GigabitEthernet0

tunnel destination 12.12.12.1

ip route 11.11.11.0 255.255.255.0 tunnel 0

R2

interface Tunnel0

ip address 11.11.11.2 255.255.255.0

tunnel source GigabitEthernet0

tunnel destination 12.12.12.2

ip route 11.11.11.0 255.255.255.0 tunnel 0

Please read this document.  Your questions about your configuration can be answered here.

GRE over IPSec with EIGRP to Route Through a Hub and Multiple Remote Sites Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009438e.shtml

I've done everything the link state I can ping to the tunnel to tunnel interfaces as destination if I work without a tunnel interface that works but if I use a tunnel interface, I can not get through traffic how can you fix that?