cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ubuntu based OS using proxy with anyconnect

davidparks21
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running an Ubuntu based OS (PopOS) and I use a proxy on my local network (not on localhost, but on the local network here).

I've configured the proxy in my Network Settings, but Cisco AnyConnect isn't picking them up. There are no obvious settings in AnyConnect, and googling for discussions about proxies and linux seem to show up old threads from 2012ish timeframe.

The docs here aren't helping me really understand it much better either: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-0/configure-vpn.html#ID-1428-00000342

I still see references to windows and IE (a deprecated browser), and I don't really get the difference between a public and private proxy (both seem to be proxies at a remote address, I fail to see how a remote address on my network vs another network makes a difference).

So I'm coming up blank. I would think a top tier network company like Cisco could handle such an established technology, so hopefully it's just that I'm not finding the right documentation somewhere.

Thanks for any help tracking it down.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

davidparks21
Level 1
Level 1

Never mind, apparently this works with the Proxy ok (though no UI to help the user know that), the problem was simply with DNS and was resolvable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

davidparks21
Level 1
Level 1

Never mind, apparently this works with the Proxy ok (though no UI to help the user know that), the problem was simply with DNS and was resolvable.