cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Reach the Internet Over AnyConnect VPN

Joel Jackson
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 5506-X ASA and at present, the AnyConnect client is able to successfully establish a VPN tunnel (IKEv2/IPSec). I am able to ping hosts on my internal LAN over this tunnel but nothing on the internet. I do not want traffic to split tunnel and so I have enabled "Tunnel All Networks" in my group policy. Wireshark at least confirms that the laptop is trying to send the traffic over the tunnel. Pings to 8.8.8.8 just timeout. Hoping to get some advice on where to look for this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joel Jackson
Level 1
Level 1

This has been squared away. TAC removed the ip any any match on my crypto map and everything now works.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

GioGonza
Level 4
Level 4

Hello @Joel Jackson

Did check the NAT for the U-Turn? let´s say nat (outside,outside) dynamic interface...

Other thing will be the same-security-traffic permit intra-interface, can you check this also? "show run same-security-traffic"

Also, can you share your config in order to look further. 

HTH

Gio

I have the following NAT setup for testing purposes:

nat (outside,outside) source static AnyConnect-Pool AnyConnect-Pool destination static Google-DNS-B no-proxy-arp

ASA# sh run same-security-traffic
same-security-traffic permit inter-interface
same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

As for the whole config. Would it be OK to send it in a private message?

Hello @Joel Jackson

Yes sure, you can send me the config through private message. 

According to the NAT, you are doing a NAT Exemption and the NAT for Internet should for the Interface in order to browse with the outside IP address of the ASA. 

I would say remove the one you have configured and apply the following: 

nat (outside,outside) source dynamic AnyConnect-Pool interface

HTH

Gio

Sending the config over now. The reason there is an exempt nat for that traffic is because the "outside" interface is actually in a DMZ behind a firewall. The NATing should be left for the firewall (has the public IPs) to do. 

Joel Jackson
Level 1
Level 1

This has been squared away. TAC removed the ip any any match on my crypto map and everything now works.