cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uninstall of anyconnect blocks access to Apple servers

quitney01
Level 1
Level 1

Yesterday, I installed AnyConnect on both a MacBook Air (running MacOS Big Sur 11.7.9) and on a MacBook Pro (running Ventura 13.3.1). I never used either install (never connected to a VPN). After realizing I did not need the AnyConnect software, I uninstalled it from both computers. Now, neither computer will access Apple servers (iCloud, software update, iMessage, etc.).

I was on the phone with Apple Support for 3 hours. We jumped through a lot of hoops before we found this: if I created a separate user (i.e. created a new Admin on the computer) then that profile *could* login to iCloud and access services like iMessage. So, the issue appears to be at the user, not the system, level.

How can I get this repaired so my default user profiles can continue to access Apple servers and services? As of right now, I cannot update my OS or get messages on either machine without creating new users.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may have some residual files left behind from Anyconnect :
                     Open Finder and navigate to the following folder:
            /Library/Application Support/Cisco/AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

Delete the following files:
                 AnyConnect.plist
                 AnyConnectUI.plist

Restart your Mac.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for your quick reply! I do not have an AnyConnect folder in that location. See attached screenshot.

Any other thoughts?

quitney01
Level 1
Level 1

Any other guidance here would be much appreciated. The solution suggested above will not solve the problem. Thanks!

>...Any other guidance here would be much appreciated. The solution suggested above will not solve the problem. Thanks!
  - Note that this forum is populated by Cisco customers and product users and it based on best effort. For official support in the context of business needs contact Cisco (=TAC) , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '