Views
Helpful
Replies

unreacheable network using VPN Client 3.5

roberto-rios
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Router behind the PIX in the inside where some difrent networks exists.. when I establishe the VPN using the vpn client, the PC it is only posible to view the segment from the Inside PIX but no the networks that are behind the router.. in the pix already have the routes for this networks behind the router becouse all trafic to Internet is trought the PIX so mi routing Its is already working, but no for the VPN Clients.. any sugestion? it is posible or supperted try to do this?

1 Reply 1

JOHN NIKOLATOS
Level 3
Level 3

The problem is that the PIX is not a router. It can not route the packets to your inside router. It is sending all Packets to the internet that are not local to the PIX IP address. So the remote site on the inside can not be reached. You may need to use a VPN concentrator for this rather than the PIX. there may be a way around this but I do not know how off the top of my head. With the concentrator your can point it to different gateways for tunneled traffic vs. default route. I believe that is the only way.