cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updated to Ubuntu 24.04. I am not able to use Secure-VPN anymore

rorororo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, as the title says, I am unable to connect to my Cisco Secure VPN after updating my OS from Ubuntu 22.02 to 24.04. The error I receive is

"You are missing the required libraries for the authentication method you requested."

Upon closer inspection, this is the actual error:

"/opt/cisco/secureclient/bin/acwebhelper: error while loading shared libraries: libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/opt/cisco/secureclient/bin/acwebhelper: error while loading shared libraries: libsoup-2.4.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I have attempted to install "libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37" but I am unable because this runs on "libsoup-2.4.so.1" and this new version uses "libsoup-3.0-0:amd64".

I have also attempted having both libsoup versions, which allows me to install "libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37". Unfortunately, this results in another error:

"libsoup-ERROR **: 17:02:57.257: libsoup2 symbols detected. Using libsoup2 and libsoup3 in the same process is not supported."

I'm unsure of what I can do next, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Error fixed, please disregard.

16 Replies 16

thank you, it worked perfectly

destro226
Level 1
Level 1

good idea, i tried mantic repositories (instead of jammy as it is more recent), worked as well without showing any errors