Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users lost internet connection after connecting to VPN

Hi Good morning.

I am triying to configure a L2TP VPN for on ASA 5516 OS 9.8(4), We are able to reach the local network , but We lose the internet connection after connect to vpn, here is the configuration.

Could  you help me please.

10 Replies 10

VPN is L2TP over IPSec ?

Hi good morning.

I have checked the box : enabled split tunneling, the user got connection to the local resources but no to the internet.

Untitled.png

check this OP in client Windows. 

more detail see attachment doc.

Hi good morning.

I did this change, but I got access to internet but losing access to  the local network, if I disabled it, I can access to the local network but no to the internet.

check the doc. i send before,
config split tunnel in ASA 
"intercept-dhcp enable under gourp policy of IPSec in ASA, this is mandatory".  

recheck again.

Hi good morning.

I have enabled this checked in the ASA, but the result is the same, I got disconnected from the internet, but access to rhe resources.

can I see the ASA config for this VPN

Sure, the config file is attached in the first post.

I check all information 
suggest
windows 10 or 8 have issue with DNS resolve,
the windows have two DNS server, the DNS of internet interface and other get form VPN,
windows when send the DNS request the metric of VPN is high than internet interface route, so windows select to request via the internet DNS not your local DNS here is issue, you can access internet but the local network can not access "can access when use DNS if you use ping you can successfully ping", because the internet DNS don't know the domain and cannot resolve the local network.
solution according to windows is change the metric to make VPN high than internet interface route. 
change the metric in one client and see result.
good luck.