Views
Helpful
Replies

Using virtual ASAv for remote access

philbe
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I've been asked to see if we can virtualise our existing asa, it is used just to terminate our Anyconnect clients.

From the reading, i can see i should be able to do 750 vpn sessions, if i have 4 vCPU license, and a Premium AnyConnect license for the ASAv.

I'd need to host that on a Nexus1000v, that is licensed based on the number of physical CPUs on the server on which the VEM is running.

Are there any other considerations or licensing i am missing for Anyconnect on a ASAv ?

Many thanks

phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ghostinthenet
Level 7
Level 7

I would verify that you're looking at the requirements for the ASAv and not the ASA 1000v. The second one is an older product that requires the Nexus 1000v to function. The ASAv doesn't have this requirement at all and can work independently of the Nexus 1000v.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ghostinthenet
Level 7
Level 7

I would verify that you're looking at the requirements for the ASAv and not the ASA 1000v. The second one is an older product that requires the Nexus 1000v to function. The ASAv doesn't have this requirement at all and can work independently of the Nexus 1000v.

hi Jody

thanks again :) you're right, i was confusing with Asa1000v, so should be good to go.

cheers

phil