Views
Helpful
Replies

Vista VPN Client TrueVector Device Driver Issue

thomas.spreng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an unresolved issue with the VPN Client v.5.0.01.0600 (Vista) on a Vista Home Premium System.

The client was successfully installed using admin privileges. But upon rebooting, the following error pops up:

<snip>

This driver is blocked due to compatibility issues...

Driver: TrueVector Device Driver

Publisher: Zone Labs, Inc.

</snip>

This error occurs immediately upon user logon and just pops up every minute or so.

I haven't seen anything about this problem in the release notes. Does anyone know what could cause it or/and how it can be resolved?

PS: Some norton security software (don't remember which one) was installed on this system. But I have removed it prior to the cisco vpn client installation.

1 Reply 1

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

On Vista Beta2, the first time logs are enabled, Microsoft firewall would pop-up a dialog box to allow the IPSecLog process. To enable logging, please allow IPSecLog process. Log messages do not show up till the log file is touched.

In Vista Beta 2, the VPN Client is cannot detect that the VPN Client is already connected after user logs in. The workaround is Launch VPN Client. You will notice that the lock icon appears in taskbar.