cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000 syslog problem

mmricisco
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to send all events from our concentrator to a syslog server. some are getting there, but not all of them. I am not getting any user data, just system messages and notice when I log in through https.

Any ideas?

The messages are the same severity (lvl4 and 5), and that is the only way to filter them that i can see from the menu (Config - System - Events).

If this isn't the right place to post this type of question, please let me know. It's very important for audit purposes, and the manuals don't tell me anything further.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you enable the events specifically.

Configuration | System | Events | Classes

Make sure you add the events that you need and choose "Events to syslog" set to the level you need.

Gilbert

- Rate it, if it helps! -

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you enable the events specifically.

Configuration | System | Events | Classes

Make sure you add the events that you need and choose "Events to syslog" set to the level you need.

Gilbert

- Rate it, if it helps! -

Could not find that ANYWHERE, thank you so much.

Hi

I am also trying to see the syslog from VPN3060 with 4.7.2E running.Syslog is enabled under events and also under classes.

I have tried with even changing sev to sev 1-13, events to log ( under classes) & changing syslog format from original to cisco ios compatable ( under events | syslog )etc but no luck.I couldnt even get a single syslog in kiwis syslog ver 8.1.6.The syslog PC is connected to VPN Concentrators Private interface segment itself.One of our othercustomer had kiwis 7.2.35 where I could get all the syslog messages from vpn3020.I couldnot try the 7.2.35 kiwis inplace of 8.1.6 here since that syslog was a trial version and license has expired.

How do I see whether VPN3060 is really sending the syslog to the syslog server.Is there any " DEBUG " options available ?.

Thanks,

rkumares