cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3005 - IPSec Routers

pkikic
Level 1
Level 1

General question. I have remote routers tunnelling to a VPN 3005 as clients because the routers use dynamic IP addresses. When the tunnels are established the VPN concentrator automatically has a static route to back to the remote network inserted into it's routing table. This route is inserted classfully. I.E. it assumes it is a class C network is using RFC 1918 192.160.0.0 address space. I would like to subnet the remote networks because there is only 2 hosts there. How can I manage the static routes on the VPN concentrator if they are inserted classfully and automatically.

1 Reply 1

murabi
Level 4
Level 4

You can configure the VPN 3000 Concentrator to add routes to its routing table for remote hardware or software clients.The VPN Concentrator can then advertise these routes to its private network via RIP or OSPF. This feature is called reverse route injection (RRI).Please refer the following link for more information on RRI.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_cnfiguration_example09186a0080094a6b.shtml