cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN access occasionally drops, however VPN status is still UP and somthing is responding to pings for all IP addresses at the remote site.

Josh405
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking for some help figuring out a VPN issue between two RV340W routers. Here is the scenario:

After installing a RV340W router at both locations and configuring the VPN everything works fine. After a few days the VPN will stop working for remote connections between the sites. I log into the router and find that the VPN status is UP. I then test pings to the remote site and get replies from every IP address in the subnet, hoewever there are only 10 devices at the remote site. If I disconnect the VPN and reconnect, everything goes back to working like normal.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

Hi

When you ping and get response from all IP which is the TTL? Can you inform that?

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

I am not sure about the TTL. I will check that next interruption and post it.

Thanks

It happened again and the TTL was 59 for all IPs. This must be the router responding to the requests. I started thinking, since one side is on Cox Cable and the other is AT&T U-verse it might be the default MTU. I have changed the MTU setting for WAN to 1492 as a test.

Cisco has released new firmware that is said to fix this exact issue. https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Release_Note/RV34xx_relnote_v1_001_18.pdf

I have upgraded to this firmware version on 4-20 for both endpoints and today 4-24 it happened again. The VPN shows up but no traffic is being passed.