cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN and Windows 8 Phone

Richard Lucht
Level 1
Level 1

Our group was just handed a Windows 8 Phone and told to somehow put a VPN client on it.  We would prefer AnyConnect but there isn’t anything in the App store for it.  The phone is a HTC model HTC6990LVW.  I have read that the Apollo update is going to have more VPN support but some of our higher ups would like to know what we can do about it now.

5 Replies 5

lrhermes1
Level 1
Level 1

I also have the same issue, but I am working with the Nokia Lumia 920. 

mvanboven
Level 1
Level 1

With Windows Phone growing, getting sales records and outselling the iPhone at the moment one might expect (a growing demand for) support!! But still no Anyconnect for Windows Phones. I was hoping Cisco would comment on this, post their intentions for support....

mattlancashire
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We here at Graham & Brown UK are also looking seriously at Windows Phones too. We run Cisco VPN and judging by the takeup of these phones in Europe, the acquisition of Nokia and the change in licensing fee for the OS it should be a must have to port the AnyConnect client to the Windows Phone 8.1 OS. This is after all the NT Kernal, the same as Windows 8.1 and the basis of Microsoft's Universal Apps philosophy. Coupled with the 8.1 update that now natively supports VPN, the likes of Junos and SonicWall had clients ready for 8.1 Developer Preview let alone the live release of 8.1

There have also been press stories quoting IBM consulting that state that there is a ground swell of interest in the whole Microsoft Mobile Platform (tables/phones) from the enterprise customers.

If you snooze, you loose.

Cisco, any comments?

DanielC41
Level 1
Level 1

Windows Phone 8.1 has been out for quite some time now in developer preview and has just been released publically this week. So there are no excuses for being caught off guard here, I'm sure cisco is working on a VPN client and if not that is a huge shame. Can anyone from cisco either confirm or deny this is on a roadmap somewhere?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: