cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN can't connect when logged in to a "local domain", works as local user

bulkwinkle
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing a strange issue with a CISCO VPN connection. At the local office, I normally log into a local domain separate from the Corporate domain. My computer is running Windows XP SP2. Wheneve I am logged in with my local domain account, CISCO VPN would not make a connection to my corporate network. However, if I log into the same computer locally, not to any domain, the CISCO VPN goes through successfully. It sounds like some kind of authentication issue. If anyone can help out, please advise.

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

The issue may be due to no address pool is configured. Another option is that there is no assignment mode on the Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator. If no address pool is configured then Proceed with the following steps on the VPN Concentrator:

Go to Configuration > System > Address Management > Pools, and add a small pool of free addresses on the internal network.

Go to Configuration > System > Address Management > Assignment, and select only Use Address Pools.

Try connecting the VPN Client to the VPN Concentrator

I am not sure if we have a Concentrator at the local office controlling that. That makes sense that when logged on to the computer locally, the client connects thru fine but not when I log into the local domain?