cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client 3.5.2 on Windows XP, got Error 720 on Dialup Connection

daniel-ma
Level 1
Level 1

I searched the Internet, but did not find anything regarding this topic. I have setup the PIX firewall for VPN Clients, Windows 98 Users do not have any problems connecting to the PIX. However, when I tried to install VPN client on a Windows XP pc, the dialup connection to the ISP did not work. got error 720, related to PPP negotiation. As long as I remove Cisco VPN Client, the Dialup works again.

By the way, before I tried to install VPN client today, the user tried to install the old version of VPN client which did not support XP. I uninstalled it through Control Panel. Does VPN client change some registries in the XP and corrupt the PPP? I verified the Dialup settings, TCP/IP was enabled, PPP allow any authentication, everything seems normal.

I would appricate if any one could give me some clue.

Daniel

1 Reply 1

p.krane
Level 3
Level 3

One thing comes to mind… AOL. If your SP is AOL (or Compuserve), try uninstalling their software, installing the Cisco client, then re-installing AOL. Since AOL’s TCP stack rides on the Windows stack, that might be causing a conflict. In any case, you should call Cisco about it. You might have a unique situation and have found a bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: