Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client 4.0.3 with 2K network

sysadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just finished configurating a vpn connection on my PIX 506E firewall. Now my problem seems to be when I connect, I can't ping any machines, and I can't browse the network. I've enabled "allow LAN access" on the client but I still don't seem to have access. In the log I have the following message "Sev=Warning/2 IKE/0xA3000067 Received Unexpected InitialContact Notify (PLMgrNotify:841). I've read the following article "http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/471/vpn-net-hood.html#ping" but it hasn't really helped me. What am I missing here? Has anyone experienced this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

If your system is a portable machine that you are moving between your office and your home, you might want to have a look at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/ms_route.html

dcwalker
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem with one of our users. He connects OK but there is no response for any traffic, inbound or outbound. I can see traffic coming in but bytes out is 0. If I try to ping him the traffic gets out but doesn't return.

He is running W2K and client 4.0.1.

He can dial into his ISP (instead of using adsl) and use the VPN ok. When using adsl he deletes the modem config sho it should not be interfering.

kerry.whittaker
Level 1
Level 1

I and a client with the same problem.

Using either 4.0.1 or 4.0.3c he connect to the VPN OK. but can't access a web site thought it. but if he keeps trying it start to work after 5-20 minutes. the byte count show he not sending anything but is reciving data. also the "discarded" count is increasing.

WK2 machine, Intel pro lan card, compaq machine.

the same proble is also showing up with other users on different machines. they are all trying to access web site so is not a windows problem.

I am using a VPN3005 consentrator.