cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client install in 'restart' cycle

esimsohn
Level 1
Level 1

I having uninstalled VPN client 3.6, I began to install 4.6 when the laptop experienced a power failure in the middle on the process.

After restoring power and booting the laptop back up, I restarted the install program(MSI package).

The program displayed a message informing me that a previous version was found, and that it would be uninstalled before the install can continue.

A follow-up display instructs me to restart, which I do.

After reboot, I receive the same messages again...over and over. Its stuck in a loop.

Things I have tried:

I installed that older client version with the idea that i would find and remove it and then continue

I followed the maunal unstall instructions posted elsewhere on this site.

Any suggestions

3 Replies 3

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

It looks like an 'installer' software program. Are you using any of the installer programs?

spuntahachart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am having the same problem with my laptop. I found an article in the MS KB that has the exact same symptoms. Short of reinstalling it, I am not sure what else to

Did anyone from Cisco step up and help with this issue? I am having the same problem now and I seem to recall a while ago, that there was a solution for this problem. Can someone from Cisco research this and possibly give us an answer? We are experiencing this on a Toshiba tablet PC Portege. It is trying to load 4.0.4 and keeps getting stuck. Then when you reboot, it continues to try and uninstall or reinstall.

Thanks